Attorney ilya liviz Esq.
Jurist Ilya Liviz is willing to assist you with your legal needs no matter the size or complexity. Through hard work and countless hours of preparation, Liviz has attained favorable jury verdicts in Superior and District Courts throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Contact him today for an appointment to see if he may be of help to you.
Curent Held Positions:
1) Chief Jurist for Justice of National Academy For Jurists ("NAFJ") a privately owned authority granting The Law Doctorate ("D.L.D."); a new specialization for attorney who are willing to adherence to Jurist for Justice Core Values and pursue enforcement of civil rights & civil liberties within the U.S. courts. See www.NAFJ.US
2) Selected by the Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, to a three year term (12/31/2020) for the Board of Bar Overseers' Pro Bono Panel to Assist Attorneys in Disciplinary Proceedings.
Selected Reported Opinions:
1) Maslyakova v. Supreme Judicial Court of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Dk. No. 1:18-cv-12059 (D. Mass. 2018) Civil Complaint pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983 of the Civil Rights Act and Americans with Disabilities Act, published in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (Nov. 29, 2018). See https://masslawyersweekly.com/2018/11/29/screenplay-filed-in-federal-court-pits-grandma-against-sjc/
2) J&J Sports v. Tony Cela v. DirectTV, 139 F.Supp.3d.495, (2015)(Novel to industry attempt pursuant to Rule 19(a)(1)(B) Motion to Dismiss the complaint for failing to join an indispensable party. Subsequently succeeded in joining DirectTV as third-party defendant via Third-party Complaint With Claim for Contribution.)
Sample Trial Results:
1) Commonwealth v. Jacob E. Pilla, Newburyport District Court (2018)(Successful Criminal Jury Trial OUI/DWI Defense.)
Commonwealth v. Elson Debarros, Cambridge District Court (2017)(Double Jeopardy Interlocutory Appeal, Pursuant To G.L.c. 211, s.3, Subsequent to a Hung Jury Criminal Trial, Appealed to the Supreme Judicial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Pursuant to S.J.C. Rule 2:21, Docket SJC-12423)
2) Juan Sarmiento v. Rodolfo De Jesus et al., Woburn District Court (2016)(Successfull Civil Trial Defense Against Lemon Law, Breach of Contract and G.L.c. 93A Consumer Protection Violations.)
3) Hong Qiu v. Juan C. Castaneda, Lowell Superior Court (2016)(Successfull Civil Jury Trial Defense Against Alleged Breach of Contract and G.L.c. 93A Consumer Protection Violations.)
4) Stuart's Automotive, Inc. v. Ruth E. Martinez, Lowell District Court (2016)(Successful Civil Jury Trial Unjust Enrichment Defense; Jury Modifies Clerk Magistrate's Decision to Counsel's Original Request)
5) Commonwealth v. Ly Bryant, Lowell District Court (2016)(Successful Criminal Jury Trial OUI/DWI Defense.)
6) Commonwealth v. Catherine Mbugua, Lowell District Court (2015)(Successful Criminal Jury Trial A&B Defense.)
7) In Re: Care & Protection of Mason, Juvenile Court (2015)(Successful Trial on the Merits - DCF Forced to return Child to his Mother).
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (2018)
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2015)
United States Immigration Court (2015)
United States District Court of Massachusetts (2013)
Supreme Judicial Court of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts (2012)
National Academy For Jurists, D.L.D., (2018)
Emphasis on continued education and adherence to Core Values. See www.NAJF.US
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, J.D., (2011)
Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award
Practiced Law under 3:03 Certification Since 2010
Cambridge College, M.Ed., Cum Laude, (2007)
Thesis: Alternative Approach to Addressing Perceived Stress and Anxiety
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, (2001-2005)
Harvard Medical School (2001-2003)
Received Harvard Grant to Perform Stereotactic Neurosurgery on mice & rats.
California State University of East Bay, B.S., Cum Laude, (2001)
Dean's List & Honrs: Golden Key National Honor Society Membership
Teacher development training Boston Career Institute, MA (2006)
Teacher development seminars Boston Gibbs College, MA (2005)
Tearcher training development course Palo Alto Kaplan, CA (1999)
Adjunct Faculty, Bay State College Boston MA (Fall, 2012)
Adjunct Faculty, Middlesex College Lowell MA (2009-2010)
Adjunct Faculty, Northern Essex College Haverhill MA (2009)
Adjunct Faculty, University Massachusetts Lowell MA (2008)
Instructor, Millennium Career Institute, Lowell MA (2007-2008)
Instructor, Boston Career Institute, Boston (2006-2007)
Adjunct Faculty, Gibbs College, Boston, MA (2004-2005)
Science Instructor, California State University of Hayward, CA (2001)
Instructor, Kaplan Center Bay Area, CA (1999 – 2000)
Tutor, California State University of Hayward, CA (1999 – 2000)
Greater Lowell Bar Association.
The Federalist Society.
Enthusiast of Chess (Former Harvard Medical School Chess Club President)
"FOR THE PEOPLE"